Sunday, September 7, 2008

Proof that I actually live here...

I have finally had the time to upload some photos! I have some from orientation, and a couple of my apartment, where I am currently sitting in my swimsuit (shut up, you would be too if you lived alone and you were as hot as I am now) sweating and attempting to lesson plan. We are on the last day of a heat wave in Budapest...today is about 94 degrees and humid. BLEH! Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy...hooray! I have loaded some more pictures onto Picasa. Here is the link...http://picasaweb.google.com/Hanna.Nichols. I have a slow connection at my apartment, so I will upload many more this week sometime when I can hit up a cafe with free wireless. But for now, enjoy this little taste of my experience! Tomorrow I will begin my official tour of Budapest...I like to call it "Hanna's Self-Guided Walking Tour of Budapest...scheduled on afternoons when she feels like it". Tomorrow I plan to hit up Hosok Tere (Hero's Square) and look like a tourist with my huge camera. By the way, I LOVE the fact that I am no longer labeled as a tourist here. I LOVE getting the satisfaction (at the expense of others) of seeing lost backpackers, trying to figure out the metro as I casually ask them if they need help and hop on my metro without having to look at a map. I do realize I WAS one of those people once too, but I put in my time, and I think I deserve a little enjoyment at watching sweaty, dirty college students who have spent weeks in crowded hostels and have no idea they are doing. Oh, one last thing...I get SO excited when I see someone has commented on my posts...so thanks to those who have, and for those who haven't, hint, hint!

2 comments:

franny said...

Nice pics! Your apartment is super cute. I can't wait to come and visit you, especially since you are now a Budapest expert. :)

Johanna Crock said...

your pictures are so wonderful! thanks for posting them - they made me smile :)