- Me: So Jamie, are you excited about a visit from Mikulás on Saturday?
- Jamie: Oh yes, very much. Do you know why Santa visits us early here in Hungary?
- Me (very curious): No I sure don't, please tell me!
- Jamie: Well, you see...Santa is quite a large man. It's not easy for him to get around with all that extra weight. He also has lots of elves and Mrs. Claus to take care of. He's a busy man.
- Me: Yes, he's got a tough job!
- Jamie: He does, which is why it's very hard for him to visit the WHOLE world and give presents to EVERYONE in one night. So Hungary (apparently as a country?) called Santa one day and asked him if he could come to us earlier...you know, to make it easier on him. That way, he can hang out with Mrs. Claus, the elves, and get everything done before Christmas Eve when he visits the rest of the world.
- Me: Oh, I see (trying my hardest to contain my laughter). That makes so much sense. What a smart thing for Hungary to do.
On being a woman.
1 year ago