I haven't written in awhile, but wanted to make sure my readers are aware of a pretty cool iPhone application (and just a fun quiz) that generates city tours all over the world. I was contacted by someone from gpsmycity.com and was told that they are introducing a walking tour for Budapest. Those who send the correct answers to email@example.com will be awarded three city walk iPhone applications to cities of their choice. Those who are living in Hungary or have lived in Hungary, you should have no problems! Here's the quiz (the formatting will be weird, so copy and paste into a document or email, and it should be better!):
1) Budapest is famous in Europe for its bath culture that dates all the way back to the Romans. This is unsurprising given that the city has ... thermal springs.
2) How many cities were part ofBudapest until 1873?
3) Budapest is an important religious center for one of the three main monotheistic religions. It houses the second largest ... in the world.
4) Due to its beautiful architecture and lovely views over the Danube Budapest is also known as:
a) The Pearl of the Danube
b) Little Paris
c) The City of Lights
5) Gellért Hill is the largest hill in Budapest offering a stunning panoramic view of the city and housing such famous sites as the Wax Museum, the Liberty Statue and the Cave Church. What have scientists recently found under the hill?
a) the largest cave system in the world
b) the largest underground lake of Europe
c) a tunnel connecting Budapest to Prague built during the Hapsburg rule
6) One of Budapest's urban legends says that if one touches the Statue of Anonymous he will:
a) die alone
b) become a better man
c) be a better writer
7) Sir Biro László József was born in Budapest in 1899. He is famous for inventing the:
b) the bra
c) the ballpoint pen
8.The Magyar language is distantly related to Finnish, Estonian and some other minor Baltic languages. Do you know the family of languages that Magyar is part of?
9) Who were the first to built a settlement in 1AD on the land where modern Budpaest stands?
a) the Celts
b) the Huns
c) the Goths
10) How many districts does the city have?