- Lulu: Hanna, come here please...I need to talk to you about something important.
- Me: What's up, Lulu?
- Lulu: So Marci said he's in love with me, but he is suddenly pretending like I am invisible. Isn't that stupid? (P.S. this whole conversation took place with Marci sitting right behind Lulu...who cares? He can't understand anyways...)
- Me: That is quite silly of him...boys can be that way sometimes.
- Lulu: Are boys this stupid all the time? Even when they're your age?
- Me: Sigh. Well, yes...they tend to be. But there are a few very nice boys out there...you just have to look a little harder for them! (wink!)
- Lulu: Gosh, why does all of this have to be so confusing??!
- Me: I know, Lulu...go back to coloring right now...you have years and years to worry about this. Just know there's a nice boy somewhere out there who won't always be stupid.
- Lulu: Marci, you're stupid!
On being a woman.
1 year ago