Sunday, August 17, 2008

Heading out...

So, I have finally succumbed to the world of blogging. I was initially against the idea actually...I somehow got it in my head that a blog automatically meant having to spill every deep and meaningful thing about your life to the whole world via the internet. After looking at the blogs of my friends though, I realized it really can just be a place to share fun stories and update lots of people on life's adventures. Whew! I can handle that. I embark upon my adventure to Hungary in just a few short days. No, I haven't started packing...but it has crossed my mind. I feel like I am pretty prepared mentally- I think it's Hungary that will have to prepare itself for ME! There are some things I am feeling totally unprepared for, like where I will live, which I will be discovering upon my arrival to my "flat" after a week of orientation. The whole speaking Hungarian thing too, is something I just imagine as one of those things that falls under the "Ummm, we'll see!" category. There are a few things I DO feel prepared for...and if you know me, you will see that they are pretty vital to my survival in Budapest. After extensive internet searches I found that 1) Vegetarian restaurants and organic markets DO exist in meat-and-potatoes-ridden Budapest (don't worry, I'm not vegetarian...there must have been some glitches in my Transformation to Becoming a Hippie. I still shave my legs and brush my hair, too), 2) There are trails to play on and bikes to rent or buy cheaply in Budapest (yay!), and 3) Hungary has LOTS of wine. So THAT I am prepared for...no need to worry! I'm sure many of you have already noticed my witty little title for my blog. This has come as a result of both my dad's incessant jokes for the past few weeks, along with my hopeless dorkiness when it comes to anything of, or relating to history. Hannah has already experienced my hour long run-down of the Cold War...so yes, it gets me really excited. If you ever ask questions, prepare for the same hour-long rant! For now, it's time to go think about packing some more. Maybe if I think hard enough, full suitcases will just magically appear on the floor! Or maybe I can call up Hermoine and she can get me one of those bottomless purses she had in the last Harry Potter book...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Hanna and have fun! I'll be looking forward to all of your news. And, I keep in touch with you, too. -- Uncle Dave